6.03.2008

Art Star Re-cap Day 2

Things I learned on Sunday:

1. Weather makes all the difference for an outside show. Although, I did have many loyal buyers brave the rain/wind/tornadoes on Saturday.

2. Bring lot's of tape.
3. Sunshine makes everyone in a better mood.
4. Megan Auman herself, her work and display are wonderful to see in person! I finally made a decision and got this piece.

5. I already knew this, but Beth Pohlman is way cool. We traded work, yay!

6. The husband and wife team of Super Maggie! are some of the nicest people I've met. I got this and that.
I can't wait to see them again at Renegade in 2 weeks.

7. Make friends with your booth neighbors so they can tie your tent down, catch your merchandise as it is flying away, and their husband's can open beers for you with their lighters. Thanks Erica Ebert Press!
I bought one of her prints, it's gorgeous!

8. Bunny Butt Apothecary's Pomegranate Sage whipped body cream is delicious...

9. The organizers of Art Star do a fantastic job, even in the face of lighting, tornadoes, hail, and I am sure some unhappy vendors and performers. I hope to participate next year!!!

10. My friend and assistant Kelly, is still the most awesome person I know for putting up with all that went on this weekend.

No comments: