3.03.2008

Weekend Work

After being inspired by the ACC show and the glass lace piece I bought (see my re-cap below), I decided I wanted to work with lace on my own more. I have been using lace to "silk screen" with for some earlier enamel pendants, but decided that what I like about lace as a material is the negative space. My first attempt is the sterling silver pierced and sawed piece to the left. I used a scrap of antique lace as a reference. Then I pierced and sawed a piece of copper and over fired some pink enamel so that the edges went black. I am thinking of working on a series of these "lace collars," in different patterns and metals. What I really should have been working on was my wax caring for my cast ring. But after breaking the shank off in frustration, I had to put it aside. sigh...

No comments: