3.26.2010

Goodbye For Now!

No, I'm not going anywhere specific, but I am going to be taking a break from blogging for a while. I realize I never summed up my experience at ACC, mainly because it has take me some time to process, and I just haven't had time to sit down and write about it. The main thing I did learn was a good lesson about time investment and what I value. I've spent the last few weeks after ACC kicking myself saying "was that worth it?" I spent an enormous amount of time, energy, and money to make new work for the show, and my sales were pretty lackluster. I made myself sick with sleep deprivation worrying about making enough "quality" work, took time away from The Sprout, and almost forced my husband to divorce me because I was in such a wound up state. Then I spent 5 full days away from my new little family, relied on my inlaws to come care for The Sprout, let my home fall into a disaster zone, while I stood around answering the same question over and over at ACC. That question being "what is AltCraft-" but that is a whole other can of worms that I just don't have the energy to open right now. But I digress. Back to what I learned. I learned that I can't do it all even though I want to, and sometimes need to. I learned that my full time job is not juggling being a mama AND an artist, but being a mama THEN an artist. SO that being said, I plan on taking a break from trying to squeeze it all in- etsy, twitter, FB and blogging, it just takes up too much of my time and attention from The Sprout. I also realized that I'm not really saying anything new or different on this blog, it all is just a repeat of what I'm posting on my fan page. So I maybe quite in here for a while. But you can find me and news snippets on the fan page and periodically on twitter (@dandelionblu). Till then thanks for giving me the space and time to rest, rejuvenate, and be a better mama!

No comments: