5.06.2008

Ring Class

Last evening was our final critique and for the ring class I've been taking at MICA. I forgot that I promised my dear (translate that to few) readers that I would give updates and post pictures of my work. I managed to keep it together and complete all my assignments- with only one minor melt down and 1 saw blade and finger episode- this is a new record for me. Anyhow, aside from the numerous samples I created in copper, I completed several finished silver pieces. The assignments included forged rings out of wire, stock and tube, cast rings, an unusual stone setting, moving parts ring, and alternative materials.
Here are my results:




I apologize for the lack of detail in the shots, I had to shoot them quickly before they were packed up for our show and end of year party on Thursday! I'll post better pics soon, but wanted to give you all a chance to see what I've been up to.

No comments: