Don't forget! Start your holiday shopping from the comforts of home! And near your leftovers! Free shipping on all orders Friday thru Monday! Use the code "turkey" and your shipping will be refunded thru paypal after checkout! Happy Holidays! http://www.dandelionblu.etsy.com
Thanksgiving special! Friday thru Monday I am offering free sipping on all purchases shipping within the United States. Your shipping will be refunded thru paypal when you use the code "turkey!" So shop local, shop from home, and support handmade artists! And most of all give thanks!
Re-posted for you all from the BEST site. Enjoy finding out a bit more about your favorite Dandelion!
1. I am recovering wedding and event photographer. I owned my business for 5 "seasons," and it almost killed me.
2. Although I am professional photographer, I rarely have a camera on me, and when somebody says "we should get a picture of that" everybody turns to me expectantly...
3. I have several rescued animals, and lost dogs seem to find me everywhere. My dream is to one day have a sanctuary where packs of homeless dogs can run and be guaranteed a home for life.
4. On the topic of animals, my other dream is to one day have enough space for a goat, a pig, and free range chickens (not for eating.)
5. On the topic of chickens, I have seen a chicken "running around with it's head cut off." Growing up my dad made an incubator and thought it would be educational for us to see chicks hatch. Pretty soon we had a huge flock and well, some became dinner.
6. I love ketchup. I would put it on pretty much anything if it was socially acceptable. I consider french fries to be just a vehicle for the ketchup.
7. I am directly related to Edwin P. Hubbell, the scientist who discovered the "Big Bang Theory," and for whom the Hubble Space Telescope is named for. When it was launched, my family got to go to Florida to see it.
8. Halloween is my favorite "holiday." I eat up all those ghost story shows, and consider October the best month for t.v. watching.
9. I can't wait till my boy is old enough for trick or treating, I want to make his costumes- yeah I'll be "that" mom, and he's going to be "that kid in the homemade costume."
10. My Dad and I both think the house I grew up in was haunted. Also, every year my friend and I go on a ghost tour. We've exhausted all the ones in the area. I believe.
11. My guilty pleasure is watching "90210" re-runs on the Soap channel.
12. Speaking of "90210," when I was in college at UMBC I got a job at Planet Hollywood in the harbor. I was working at the opening and Luke Perry (aka Dylan McKay) was there. I was really disappointed in how short he was...
13. I do not sing in public. Ever. Not even Happy Birthday. I've been caught lip syncing it!
14. I never held a little baby till I had my own.
15. I am not a natural red head- gasp! I've been dyeing my hair so long I am not sure what color it is naturally.
16. My Grandmother is a professional clown named Petunia. She went to Klown Kollege and everything!
17. My Grandmother also used to have a champagne pink Cadillac and she used to have her hair dyed to match it.
18. I love to vacuum, my Dyson Animal is one of my favorite possessions. I also have a robotic vacuum that I named Rosie. I've been known to just start vacuuming at friends houses.
19. I actually really like my Mother in law.
20. Mango is my favorite flavor, gardenia is my favorite smell, baby sneezes are my favorite sound, fall is my favorite time of year, shades of blue/green are my favorite color, and near the ocean with my husband, baby and dogs, is my favorite place to be.
Our BEST site has a new feature! Shop Local! You can click on the category you are interested in and you'll be whisked away to etsy- but instead of being lost in the sea of overwhelming craft from across the globe, you'll only see items in that category from local artists and BEST members. Pretty nifty huh?
So fill those carts up with local handcrafted goodies people, no need to head to the mall (gasp) this holiday season!
My apologies for being so absent! How can I ever expect steady readership if I don't keep up with this blog thing! The Sprout has been sick so I've been playing nurse mama, so please forgive my lack of posting.
I think I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming next week. Don't worry, it's not a sickness of the swine variety, but the little guy has needed some extra special care and attention. Be back soon!