8.26.2008

Harmony


I recently set up an account with Hoover and Strong, a whole sale metals and jewelry supply company. I am very excited to be working with their materials as all their metals are %100 recycled- meaning they refine scrap metal purchased from jewelers and other businesses. Mining is an extremely dirty and degrading business, the production of one gold ring can produce up to 5 tons of environmental waste. Hoover and Strong are committed to using the earths existing metal supply rather then strip mining to produce new metals. H & S also only offer conflict free diamonds and fair trade gems- not that I use diamonds or precious gems, but it makes me feel good knowing that I am not supporting unethical gemstone mining. Check out their website to see all their green steps to re-use materials and conserve energy.

No comments: